niedziela, 28 lipca 2013

San Diego Comic Con 2013 summary

     Hi ! This is my first note written in english, so please forgive me any mistakes (or even better - point them out to me). I think it is time my blog went a little outside, more international and this is the first step.
     So, San Diego Comic Con 2013 has come to an end a week a go. As always, it has been a remarkable 4 days, full of big news, big events and cosplay ;) I've been promising myself that I will go there for 3 years now. And still, it is a dream (and will become reality hopefully soon, maybe next year ? )
     First of all - cosplay. As always after SDCC, there are plenty of photo galleries, thousands of pictures of half-naked cosplayers. This year one of them was absent - Jessica Nigri. For those of you who don't know who I am writing about: Jessica Nigri Official Fanpage  For me, she's kind of 'Queen of Nerds' (and surely my future wife.....yeah.... ;D ). Among other cosplaying girls, she is the most...normal in her behaviour, a truly girl-next-door type and also as geeky as you can imagine.
But, the real essence of Comic Con for me are.... movies. Since this is my movies & TV series blog, it is obvious that I will pay most of my attention to the panels and some big news from production studios. Speaking of this year TV series panels, I have to admit they were not so fun as 2 or 3 years ago. Every single one of them was pretty much the same - some guy being a host, 4-5 of cast, director and producers, some laugh, some usual questions from the audience, 1 unusual question...that's it. The end. Next please. Od course there were some funny moments, but not as much as 2 years later e.g. Game of thrones season 1 panel, or Big Bang Theory the same year.


      More interesting were of course movie panels. I think the most impressive was the one of "X-men: Days of Future Past". Why, you'd ask ? Because they managed to gather all the cast of old X-men 1-3 and new First Class altogether, in one room. That's impressive - to see Patrick Stewart next to James McAvoy, Ian McKellen next to Michael Fassbender, Peter Dinklage next to oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence and so on... The sheer number of actors was fenomenal. I don't think any SDCC panel had bigger cast onstage. And also, this one was the only to get standing ovation from Hall H crowd. I really can't wait for "Days of Future Past", it's really going to be something special. I haven't seen "Wolverine" yet, but I heard that there are already some hints for First Class sequel.
      The other big news was of course Batman/Superman movie. At first I loved the news!! But then, when I had more time to think about it and also watched Angry Joe rant (that guy is really great, my seal of approval to him !! Angry Joe about Batman/Superman movie  ) I don't think it is a good idea. Let's be honest - I love Batman more than any other DC character. For me, Superman is kind of...lame :P (same lame level as Cpt. America) Well, I was also expecting a little more from Man of Steel, from my favourite director Zack Snyder. In my review I gave it a 7/10. In my opinion Superman deserves better sequel, something that will define him as a hero, also with correcting some errors in character development, which was poor in MoS. And Batman deserves his own movie. So MoS sequel coming out as Batman/Superman is not so great news. But, I still try to be positive about it and I hope they know what they're doing there (although I don't think DC has a reasonable plan for their Justice League, they clearly don't have a vision, like Marvel does).


      Third to mention is of course Marvel panel. This one was a little dissapointing to me. Maybe because there were no really BIG news (like last year, when they announced phase 2 titles and premiere dates). Od course, gathering "Guardians of Galaxy" cast was kind of event, but we already knew who was who from leaks, rumours so no surprise there... Maybe there's some hope in Vin Diesel, who confirmed that he and Marvel will release some big news by the end of July. Thanos ?? I would put my bet on voice-acting as Groot, but this is only my guess. Besides that, nothing really happened...oh! ...they gave us official "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron" title. Also, there was no "Thor: the dark world" panel, instead we got...Loki (Tom Hiddleston reprising his role specially for this ocasion!) who introduced crowd to new footage from god of thunder movie. And that's pretty much all.
     What striked me this year, there were lots of footage shown on panel. And everything was banned from recording, no one released it later in any official way. So it's kind of dissapointment, cause we - people from outside of SDCC - get nothing really, beside some text-descriptions of what happened in particular videos. And there were some interesting, like first footage from "Guardians of the Galaxy", "Godzilla", "Captain America 2", "Thor 2" and so on. And sadly nothing of it came out till now.


     So, to sum up - Comic Con was a real excitement this year, though not as much as a previous one IMO. There were no really shocking news. Instead, we got two or three really BIG panels, like aforementioned "Days of Future Past" or "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." TV series. From pilot episode reviews it is worth waiting for, same as Almost Human (new JJ Abrams - Joel Wyman production) and Sleepy Hollow. And we got plenty of usual marketing-driven stuff. However, I still HAVE TO go there ! Don't know how, don't know when, but some day I HAVE TO BE THERE !!!!! :D

Dear friend - thanks for getting here to this ending point, I hope that any grammar mistakes that I had made didn't spoil reading for you. I will be gratefull for pointing them out to me, so that I could improve my english-writing skills. I think I might come out with english-note like this one from time to time, so stay put. :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz